Saturday, June 25, 2016

Blog Post







June 25, 2016 - It's Field Day weekend.  I've always enjoyed FD, but haven't been affiliated with a club in recent years. One local group sent out a request for helpers to "tear down" ... huh.

So, I'm in the shack a few hours before the official "start" of FD and I hear static.  Plenty of static. I'm almost wondering if my antenna is working. A few friends on a local list serve responded to an email. Everyone wrote there were few stations on 6-20M, and some signals increasing on 40M SSB. I've not been so fortunate here.  My long wire and HEX are only copying faint signals and static.

Here's the latest report on propagation from K7RA:

"This weekend is ARRL Field Day. Good conditions are expected, but on Thursday prior to this weekend there were no sunspots visible. But the forecast is for a rising solar flux over the weekend with no geomagnetic upsets expected."

The current graphic summary (below) doesn't look good, nor does my current observation of 10-20M SSB.  Maybe it's time for a new hobby.

















Cook, P. P., III. (2016, June 24). LATEST K7RA HF Propagation Bulletin. Retrieved June 25, 2016, from http://www.bandconditions.com/NEWS.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

QRZ?